Science Behind This Color Pattern
After years of testing out all different color patterns, there has been 1 that has consistently proven to be a top performer in the entire spectrum of water clarity and region...
And that color has been plain white.
The science behind this fact is that the white color takes on the tint of the water since the only color the fish can see is the tint of the water in between it and the lure.
The reason this is extremely helpful in catching fish is that the baitfish will naturally be trying to blend into the color of the water too... so the white lures automatically take on the right tint the predators are looking for.
The downfall of white is that it sometimes hides the lure too well given that it's blending in with the color of the water.
To fix this blending issue, we added in some flash to help ensure that the fish's eyes get drawn to it to maximize the number of strikes we can get.
But instead of just adding in either silver or gold flash (the two most popular and effective flash colors for years), we added them both to make sure it works when the fish are responding to both silver and gold.
And the initial testing of this exclusive Slam Shady color pattern has been extraordinary!
It has proven to outperform every color we've tested it against.
So if you like using paddletail baits, then we highly recommend picking up at least 1 packet of each size so that you'll be able to maximize your time out on the water.
With this 1 color, you won't have to worry about changing to a different color because it works across the entire water clarity spectrum for both fresh and saltwater fisheries.
So all you have to do is select the right size, and the fish catching will be shockingly good.
Size Selection Guidance:
The size and silhouette of our lures is a huge deal (much more important than color), so it's very important to be able to quickly change up or down as needed to have consistent fish catching results.
Here's quick guide on when to use the 3" MinnowZ, the 4" Deizel Minnow, or the 5" PaddlerZ:
- 3" Size: Best when you're seeing mostly small (3 inches or less) baitfish in the area
- 4" Size: Best when you're seeing mostly medium size (over 3 to 4.5 inches) baitfish in the area
- 5" Size: Best when you're seeing mostly larger sized (over 4.5 inches) baitfish in the area
Note: When setting up before your trip when you don't know exactly which sized baitfish is in the area, the easiest way to decide is to go by season:
- Winter & Spring generally has smaller bait, so start with the 3-inch version.
- Summer generally has medium-sized baitfish on average, so it's smart to start with the 4" and be ready to go up or down if you see bigger/smaller bait where you're fishing
- Fall generally has larger bait, so start with the 5-inch version. But be ready with 4" and 3" options too in case the baitfish are smaller than normal.
Given how frequently bait size in any given area can change, we highly recommend having all 3 different sizes on hand during all fishing trips.
And the 3", 4", and 5" options are the best sizes overall that we've found for being ready for action throughout the entire year.
Construction & Pairing Info:
- 10X Tough ElaZtech® construction for lifelike swimming action and extreme durability
- Pairs perfectly with the Trout Eye™ jigheads in this shop
- Made in the USA
- 5" Option comes pre-scented in ProCure
Note: Here's the most popular jig head for using these paddletails:
30 Day Risk-Free Trial
Take the 30 Day Challenge!
We are so confident that you will absolutely love your Salt Strong gear that we give you a full 30 days to wear it, test it out, and put it to the test.
If at any time you are not 100% satisfied in those first 30 days from receiving your gear, send back your gear for a full refund. We will even pay for the shipping back to us we are so sure that you will love your Strong Angler gear.